Thursday, October 8, 2009

I wonder if my day-paragraphs will average long or short as time goes by...

I feel oh-so-hip, as I am sitting on the light rail train blogging. Sure I can't actually upload it, but I am still typing it lol.

Oct 2: after going to work I have to rush home, get my roomie and stuff I forgot to pack and rush back to where we both work, I was basically the manager on call which wasn't too bad, except that like 45 minutes before the store closes I go outside to nap for 30... I get woken up minutes before my alarm has a chance to sound and when I go inside its madness... Everything is a mess, I have to run three deliveries before I can start countdown, they forgot to make cookies and someone removed my cheat sheat on how to close the registers from the safe. Also, My bro was supposed to be relatively close and I was going to get to see him.... that didn't happen. I salvage everything as much as my emotional state will allow, and then me and my roomie head an hour north to work on a set for an awesome band. I worked all night painting and measuring and doing math (I was the mathematician of the bunch, which was saying a lot, since I HATE math)

Oct 3: I get another 30 minute nap this morning, rush to work, was late because I don't speed as much as the people who where telling me how long It would take to get down there. After working about 3 hours I head back up there. I get to go to a fancy restaurant, I didn't have to pay a cent and I got AWESOME RARE steak and creme brule (sp??) :). The band was rained out :( but I got to listen to the put on a little mini performance for us.

Oct 4: Woke up too late to go to church, Conference wouldn't work on safari, loaded up Firefox, watched most of the second Sunday session but then had to leave to take a roomie to work... partway into the drive I find out he didn't bring his uniform, there is no way I can get him home and to work on time and I have somewhere to be, then there is a cluster of stupidity and lack of communication whilst trying to connect up with the van. I make it to the Canterbury house during the sermon so I missed the first part of service.

Oct 5: SAW ZOMBIELAND!!!! It was AWESOME!!!! and it got me and two of my best friends to talking about who would survive a zombie apocalypse. Oct 6 is not part of my memory.... OH!! I just went to panda express w/ my friend who comes up on his “weekends”, got my schedules and the check from one job, and rode the train and bus home after an EXTREMELY slow night at work.

Oct 7: WENT TO THE STATE FAIR!!!!!! It was pretty sweet. I spent way too much money, My friend and I ate the 8 fried food that where on the challenge and fried butter isn't as bad as you would think.... there's lots of batter so its like buttered fried bread?? That prob didn't help... we also shared fried oreos which where pretty good.... As we where leaving there was a band performing right outside the gate, they where pretty cool, they are called Dallas Family Band, and they invited me to play their itty bitty baby grand... I played for them one song, it was pretty sweet, they are basically a bohemian band that just let people play with them, and they just show up places they can get away with playing out. I think I may try to get involved a bit, even if I just show up, play the (car) keys and attempt so sing harmony :).

No comments:

Post a Comment